Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thanks Craig!


The madness and random stuff you'll find in the Free section of Craigslist is often amazing and sometimes disturbing. I decided to take a look at the items listed in the Manhattan Free section within the past 24 hours and see just what kind of treasures I would uncover. 

Wednesday, Sept 24

Turns out if I just happened to have moved to NYC with only the clothes on my back I would not only be able to kick it in fresh ankle socks but I could furnish a one bedroom apartment complete with black leather-clad living room and a carpeted home office/weight room (Added bonus: urinal or "artistic" pot for my braided ficus on the balcony beside the BBQ). I'd also be able to go job hunting rocking a free salon-quality haircut washed in my salon-quality hair products and make some friends sharing the passes I'd have to an advanced movie screening, beginner salsa lessons and the Weezer show at the Garden all within 24 hours of becoming a newbie New Yorker. It seems one person's trash is what another would gladly dumpster dive for (or go all the way to harlem for anyway). But honestly, it's gotten so that craigslist freebies are really one-upping the garage sales of yore and the trashy fratboy decor...I mean, if you can find a matching black leather chair and black leather sofa in the same day from two different people for free, there's just no excuse for those sloppy greek houses to rock anything less then coordinated living room sets now is there? This certainly is the land of opportunity, where anyone can furnish a home on an actual dime and all within a day's work of scanning the web. Thanks Craig, you're the man.

No comments: